hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Re: IMPORTANT: testing patches for branches
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 07:42:26 GMT

On Apr 24, 2015, at 3:09 AM, Brahma Reddy Battula <brahmareddy.battula@huawei.com> wrote:

> The patch artifact directory on has been removed!
> This is a fatal error for test-patch.sh. Aborting.
> Jenkins (node H8) information at https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-YARN-Build/7477/
may provide some hints.  ( did I miss here something )

	This is the new message that was added in the addendum patch.  (It clearly needs some grammar
work. lol) test-patch.sh uses this when it detects that something else has removed the artifact
directory on the jenkins server. Prior to this change, test-patch (both old and new) would
silently fail, leaving everyone wondering where the patch result went.  Now you at least get
some notice that Jenkins (or as some suspect, a broken test) screwed up.  It also acts as
an early abort, rather than attempting to continue to run tests that will also fail.