hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: IMPORTANT: testing patches for branches
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 19:45:36 GMT
Does this mean HADOOP-7435 is no longer needed / closeable as dup?

Thanks
+Vinod

On Apr 22, 2015, at 12:34 PM, Allen Wittenauer <aw@altiscale.com> wrote:

> Hey gang,
>
> 	Just so everyone is aware, if you are working on a patch for either a feature branch
or a major branch, if you name the patch with the branch name following the spec in HowToContribute
(and a few other ways… test-patch tries to figure it out!), test-patch.sh *should* be switching
the repo over to that branch for testing.

> 	For example,  naming a patch foo-branch-2.01.patch should get tested on branch-2.  Naming
a patch foo-HDFS-7285.00.patch should get tested on the HDFS-7285 branch.

> 	This hopefully means that there should really be no more ‘blind’ +1’s to patches
that go to branches.  The “we only test against trunk” argument is no longer valid. :)