hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.0 RC0
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 22:19:50 GMT
This is more than about bugs. In the past, incompatibilities are what bit us more than bugs.
If we find such bad incompatibilities in 2.7.0 release, calling it "not-stable yet" (or "alpha"
or whatever) leaves us with the ability to fix any incompatibilities in a final "public-ready"
release.

Thanks
+Vinod

On Apr 20, 2015, at 2:03 PM, Karthik Kambatla <kasha@cloudera.com<mailto:kasha@cloudera.com>>