hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Payne <eric.payne1...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.0 RC0
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2015 12:24:45 GMT
+1 (non-binding)
Thanks,Vinod, for the time and effort you put into creating this release.

I downloaded and built the source for 2.7.0, RC0. I started a local cluster and ran wordcount,
sleep, and streaming jobs.

In addition, I did the following:
    o I ran a distributed shell job which tested preserving containers across AM restarts.
I did this by setting the -keep_containers_across_application_attempts flag and killing the
first AM once the containers started. I checked the results by querying the timeline server
and comparing the start and end times of the non-AM containers against the start and end times
of the later AM containers. This verified that the non-AM containers started during the first
AM's run and finished after the first AM had been killed and after the second AM had started.

    o I enabled the preemption feature and verified that containers were preempted from
preemptable queues and not from non-preemptable ones.
    o I ran unit tests for hadoop-yarn-server-resourcemanage. All passed with the exception
of TestFifoScheduler#testResourceOverCommit.
    o I ran unit tests for hadoop-yarn-server-nodemanager. All passed with the exception
of TestResourceLocalizationService#testFailedDirsResourceRelease.

    o I ran unit tests for hadoop-hdfs. All passed with the exception of TestReplaceDatanodeOnFailure#testReplaceDatanodeOnFailure,TestBalancer#testUnknownDatanode,
TestBPOfferService#testBasicFunctionality, and TestWebHdfsFileSystemContract#testGetFileBlockLocations.
  Thank you,-Eric Payne