hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Umesh Kant <kantum...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Hadoop On Windows: YarnRuntimeException: Permissions incorrectly set for dir /nm-local-dir/filecache, should be rwxr-xr-x, actual value = rw-rw-rw-
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2015 23:50:57 GMT
 Hi Guys,
I am trying to run the simple map reduce job to count the words in a file, but I am getting
following error in node manager.
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.YarnRuntimeException: Permissions incorrectly
set for dir /nm-local-dir/filecache, should be rwxr-xr-x, actual value = rw-rw-rw-
As these directories are created by Hadoop on tmp location when you format, so not sure if
it is a bug or if I am doing anything wrong.
I am running Hadoop 2.6 built on windows + windows SDK 7.1
In case you know what could be wrong, please share your inputs.
Thanks,Umesh