hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.0 RC0
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 17:32:02 GMT
Tx for reporting these test results, Phil!

Thanks
+Vinod

On Apr 20, 2015, at 7:50 AM, Phil Su <philips@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> - A bit late but I ran a set of rolling upgrade tests last week from 2.6.0 Latest to
2.7.0 RC.
> - Tests covered rolling upgrade for individual components: NN, DN, NM, RM, HS- While
rolling upgrade was in progress, several MR jobs were also running. - Everything worked as
expected and the upgrades completed with no job failures.

> Phil
>

>     On Sunday, April 19, 2015 1:08 PM, Steve Loughran <stevel@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

> Has 2.7.0 actually shipped? As in: redistributed, maven artifacts pushed out, etc. If
so, it's very much too late to do another RC.

> otherwise, maybe we should recognise that 2.7.0 isn't something we could push out, simply
go straight to 2.7.1 and not worry about the 2.7.0 release -that is,  just skip the final
step of publishing.

> To get that 2.7.1 out in a timely manner though, it needs to have 0 changes other than
these showstoppers; the ones which would have triggered a -1 (binding) if they showed up during
the vote

>> On 18 Apr 2015, at 00:00, Colin P. McCabe <cmccabe@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> That's an interesting suggestion.  What's the advantage of putting
>> HDFS-8070, HDFS-8163, and HDFS-8179 in 2.7.1, instead of just doing
>> another RC?  We have only done one release candidate so far... seems a
>> little unusual.
>>
>> I realize that some of this stuff came in after the voting period, but
>> I would still feel slightly more comfortable just fixing it and doing
>> an rc1, if that's possible in the next week or two.  The people who
>> want to get the upstream release into their hands as soon as possible
>> can use rc0 as-is.  Thoughts?
>>
>> best,
>> Colin
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Arpit Agarwal <aagarwal@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>> +1 for calling 2.7.0 an alpha.
>>>
>>> There are a couple of more issues related to incorrect handling of timestamps.
>>>
>>> 1. HDFS-8163 - Using monotonicNow for block report scheduling causes test failures
on recently restarted systems
>>> 2. HDFS-8179 - DFSClient#getServerDefaults returns null within 1 hour of NN start
>>>
>>> Tagged both as blockers for 2.7.1.

against it, I'd like to close the vote as a success but do the following: call this release
an alpha for downstream consumption in line with my original proposal, following it up with
a 2.7.1 in two weeks.

JCarder changes that you are waiting on.

first release that compiled Java 7 class files. Jcarder needs to updated to support Java 7
byte code..