hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: 2.7 status
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 23:15:04 GMT
Thanks Vinod for the hints.

I have updated the both patches aligning with latest codes, and added more unit tests. The
building results look reasonable. Thanks anyone that would give them more review and I would
update in timely manner.

Regards,
Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli [mailto:vinodkv@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2015 11:31 AM
To: Zheng, Kai
Cc: mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org; Hadoop Common; yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: 2.7 status

Kai, please ping the reviewers that were already looking at your patches before. If the patches
go in by end of this week, we can include them.

Thanks,
+Vinod

On Mar 2, 2015, at 7:04 PM, Zheng, Kai <kai.zheng@intel.com> wrote:

> Is it interested to get the following issues in the release ? Thanks !
>
> HADOOP-10670
> HADOOP-10671
>
> Regards,
> Kai

by default in a hardcoded way. HAOOP-10895 changes the default and requires applications (such
as oozie) to set a config property or call an API to enable the fallback.

> This jira has been reviewed, and "almost" ready to get in. However, there is a concern
that we have to change the relevant applications. Please see my comment here:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-10895?focusedCommentId=14
> 321823&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-ta
> bpanel#comment-14321823
>
> Any of your comments will be highly appreciated. This jira was postponed from 2.6. I
think it should be no problem to skip 2.7. But your comments would help us to decide what
to do with this jira for future releases.