hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Re: 2.7 status
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2015 17:30:49 GMT

IMO, HDFS-5796 (in some form or another) is a blocker for 2.7.

Right now, DFS browsing is pretty much broken on secure systems when a hadoop-auth-compatible
plugin is in use.  The "fix" (HDFS-5716) introduced (what appears to be) an incompatible and
undocumented method to provide auth versus the rest of Hadoop.

On Feb 14, 2015, at 8:56 AM, Ravi Prakash <ravihoo@ymail.com> wrote:

> I would like the improvements to the Namenode UI be included in 2.7 too. HDFS-7588. All
the code is ready and we can try to get as much of it in as possible piecemeal.

wrote:

> 2 weeks from now (end of Feb) sounds reasonable. The one feature I would
> like for to be included is shared-cache: we are pretty close - two more
> main items to take care of.
>
> In an offline conversation, Steve mentioned building Windows binaries for
> our releases. Do we want to do that for 2.7? If so, can anyone with Windows
> expertise setup a Jenkins job to build these artifacts, and may be hook it
> up to https://builds.apache.org/job/HADOOP2_Release_Artifacts_Builder/
>

> someone will have to first fix MiniYarnCluster to come up on the ASF jenkins machines;
it currently fails with directory permission setup problems that may matter in production,
but not in test runs.