hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Douglas <cdoug...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Patch review process
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 22:12:20 GMT
On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 2:04 PM, Steve Loughran <stevel@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> At the same time, if only 1 person is looking at a part of the codebase & submitting
patches, they have inherently recused themselves from reviewing on their own patches. Ideally
you want >1 committer tracking a topic. That's someone with competence in the area too,
obviously; a barrier to participation in the corner areas.

That was what I was trying to convey. With RTC, if there's only one
person working in an area, then they can't make progress.

> started with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9152

Great; thanks Steve.

> though I'm not sure the diff between fisheye and cruicible here; they seem blurred

>From [1]:
FishEye allows you to extract information from your source code
repository and display it in sophisticated reports.
Crucible allows you to request, perform and manage code reviews.

[1] https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CRUCIBLE/Crucible+and+FishEye

-C