hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>
Subject Re: An Idea to make Hadoop Code setup easy
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2014 21:52:01 GMT
Hi,

I think you should have a look at these two that both go the docker route
to setting up a development environment:

https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/master/dev-support/hbase_docker

My suggestion: Do the same trick (i.e. reuse and improve).

Niels Basjes

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Raghavendra Vaidya <
raghavendra.vaidya@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been struggling to setup hadoop code with native libraries on mac
> osx .... this gave me an idea to write a utility which can help setup
> hadoop development environment either on intellij or eclipse including
> local libraries ....
>
> I would appreciate if some of the experienced developers respond to this
> thread and add notes on how to setup hadoop development environment I can
> start working on an automation utility

Niels Basjes