hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From malcolm <malcolm.kaval...@oracle.com>
Subject Solaris Port
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 11:30:39 GMT
I have ported Hadoop  native libraries to Solaris 11 (both Sparc and Intel )
Oracle have agreed to release my changes to the community so that
Solaris platforms can benefit.
Reading the HowToContribute and GitandHadoop documents, I am not 100%
clear on how to get my changes into the main tree. I am also a Git(hub)
newbie, and was using svn previously.

Please let me know if I am going the correct path:

1. I forked Hadoop on Github and downloaded a clone to my development
machine.

2. The changes I made were to 2.2.0, can I still add changes to this
branch, and hopefully get them accepted or must I migrate my changes to
2.6 ? (On the main Hadoop download page, 2.2 is still listed as the GA
version )

3. I understand that I should create a new branch for my changes, and
then generate pull requests after uploading them to Github.

4. I also registered  at Jira in the understanding that I need to
generate a Jira number for my changes, and to name my branch accordingly ?

Does all this make sense ?

Thanks,
Malcolm