hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Re: Solaris Port
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2014 16:52:32 GMT

On Dec 14, 2014, at 8:38 AM, Allen Wittenauer <aw@altiscale.com> wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2014, at 4:05 AM, Steve Loughran <stevel@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>
>> The shell scripts are also undertested and only intermittently maintained
>> —there's been recent work there in HADOOP-9902(?)  which is a great
>> improvement to trunk. If you can help test the CLI on your OS, that will
>> save you support calls.
>
> 	That reminds me to file a JIRA for this…
>
> 	AFAIK, there is only one thing that I’ve found breaks on modern-ish Solaris/Illumos:

	Well, slight correction:  only one thing in the code that has been replaced.  There are a
two patches waiting to get reviewed and applied that fix the rest of the shipping shell code:
HADOOP-10788 and HADOOP-11346. HDFS-7460 is waiting on HADOOP-10788 since I’m consolidating
the tomcat driver code, but it will be effectively a clone of HADOOP-10788’s code.

	I haven’t looked at all at things like test-patch or other stuff in dev-support, which
I’m sure are all in an… uhh… “interesting” state.