hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject auto-generating changes.txt was: migrating private branches to the new git repo
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 01:51:41 GMT
Nothing official or clean or whatever, but just to give people an idea of what an auto generated
CHANGES.txt file might look like, here are some sample runs of the hacky thing I built, based
upon the fixVersion information.  It doesn't break it down by improvement, etc.  Also, the
name on the end is the person who the JIRA is assigned.  If it is unassigned, then it comes
out blank.  It's interesting to note that in the 2.5.1 notes, it does appear to have caught
a commit missing from the changes.txt….

2.5.1: http://pastebin.com/jXfz5wXz

2.6.0: http://pastebin.com/5nkSsU18

3.0.0: http://pastebin.com/3Ek4tP8d

One thing I didn't do was append the previous versions onto these files, which is what I'd
expect to happen.