hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Colin McCabe <cmcc...@alumni.cmu.edu>
Subject Re: Porting Hadoop to FreeBSD
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 18:19:40 GMT
Thanks for working on this, Dmitry.  It's good to see Hadoop support
another platform.  The code changes look pretty minor, too.

best,
Colin

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 7:08 AM, Dmitry Sivachenko <trtrmitya@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to make hadoop usable on FreeBSD OS.  Following Steve Loughran's suggestion,
I created HADOOP-10796 to accumulate links to other issues related to this subject.
> I added links to (almost) all patches needed to achieve this goal.  Right now I have
a small cluster running Hadoop-2.4.1 on FreeBSD and passing basic tests (TeraSort mainly).