hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Sivachenko <trtrmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Porting Hadoop to FreeBSD
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 14:08:45 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to make hadoop usable on FreeBSD OS.  Following Steve Loughran's suggestion, I
created HADOOP-10796 to accumulate links to other issues related to this subject.
I added links to (almost) all patches needed to achieve this goal.  Right now I have a small
cluster running Hadoop-2.4.1 on FreeBSD and passing basic tests (TeraSort mainly).

I am looking forward for cooperation with you to include all relevant changes into hadoop
distribution.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you are not satisfied with the proposed solutions.

Thanks in advance!