hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: HADOOP-10742 - Using containers on non-linux ?
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 04:14:36 GMT
We also have an uncommitted patch for getting the native code to build on
FreeBSD:

If that patch works for you, then you might want to code review it, comment
on the issue, and then seek help from a committer to put it in the
repository.  I can help if needed.

Chris Nauroth
Hortonworks
http://hortonworks.com/

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 8:38 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@apache.org
> wrote:

> You can completely avoid building the native bits by skipping the *native* flag
> to your build.
>
> +Vinod
>
> On Jun 23, 2014, at 5:24 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hello;
>
> I was trying to build Hadoop 2.4.0 on FreeBSD 10 and while the Java stuff
> went fine, I got stuck in file:
>
>     [exec]
> /usr/ports/devel/hadoop2/work/hadoop-2.4.0-src/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/hadoop-yarn-server-nodemanager/src/main/native/container-executor/impl/container-executor.c:1250:48:
> error: too many arguments to function call, expected 4, have 5
>     [exec]     if (mount("none", mount_path, "cgroup", 0, controller) ==
> 0) {
>     [exec]         ~~~~~ ^~~~~~~~~~
>     [exec] /usr/include/sys/mount.h:929:1: note: 'mount' declared here
>     [exec] int     mount(const char *, const char *, int, void *);
>     [exec] ^
>     [exec] 2 warnings and 2 errors generated.
>     [exec] *** Error code 1
>     [exec]
>     [exec] Stop.
>     [exec] make[2]: stopped in
> /usr/ports/devel/hadoop2/work/hadoop-2.4.0-src/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/hadoop-yarn-server-nodemanager/target/native
>     [exec] *** Error code 1
>     [exec]
>     [exec] Stop.
>
> I don't know well the code, and I have never used linux but I would assume
> by the name that mount_cgroup() is meant to be linux dependent?
>
> Container Groups are, of course, not available on FreeBSD but perhaps they
> could be replaced by resource limits[1]. In any case, it would seem like
> the code should avoid attempting to build linux-specific features on
> non-linux.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pedro.
>

> [1]