hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: Moving to JDK7, JDK8 and new major releases
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 00:34:17 GMT
Hello,

I do know scenarios which involve sticking with Java 6. Mostly related to supporting Applications
Servers of (Big) 3 Letter companies (both).

I dont see that in an Hadoop cluster. Especially given that expressiveness of Java 8 and also
Performance of Java 7 are both important in Big Data analytics an das hoc Job platforms.

So I would really be Suprised if any user Organisation would wand a major Hadoop upgrade but
sticking with an unsupported / outdated JVM.

Greetings
Bernd

(Who still ships 1.4 products)