hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache jenkins job to build release artifacts (WAS: Issue with my username on my company provided dev box?)
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 01:02:31 GMT
On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 4:43 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur <tucu@cloudera.com> wrote:
> We could improve this script further to deploy the built JARs to the Maven
> repo. I don't know how to do this, so it would be great if somebody that
> know how jumps on that. Maybe a s a follow up JIRA, so we have something
> going.

If you're talking about -SNAPSHOT bits -- there's nothing to do. All official
build slaves on builds.apache.org are supposed to be setup with the
right configs so that mvn deploy will do the trick. If you're talking about
release artifacts -- it is absolutely NOT a good idea to automate that.
Just like its not a good idea to automate signing the release bits with
your personal key.

Thanks,
Roman.