hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Frank Scholten <fr...@frankscholten.nl>
Subject Building Hadoop 1.2.1 in IntelliJ IDEA
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 17:03:15 GMT
Hi all,

I might have found a small bug in the CLI minicluster code on Hadoop 1.2.1
so I wanted to write a patch and test my code inside IntelliJ.

I followed the instructions on http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopUnderIDEA.
I added libraries and source folders but I cannot build the test code of
the project.

The problem seems to be that the package structure under src/test varies.
There are org.apache.hadoop.* packages directly underneath it as well as a
few subfolders which themselves have packages. Adding src/test as a source
folder causes compilation errors for the packages under
subfolders because their package name does not match with the source folder
path.

How can I configure the project in IntelliJ so I can develop and run unit
tests?

Cheers,

Frank