hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Grandl Robert <rgra...@yahoo.com>
Subject blacklist additions/removals not propagated to RM
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2013 22:30:50 GMT
Hi,

I am not 100% sure it's a bug in AM, but it seems so. I am blacklisting some hosts, which
are send through an AllocateRequest in makeRemoteRequest method in RMContainerRequest.java.

However, the blacklist is empty at RM. I traced all over the places where this is lost, and
I found that in ApplicationMasterProtocolPBClientImpl.java, in allocate(AllocateRequest request)
method, if I print the request.getResourceBlacklistRequest().getBlacklistAdditiions() I see
the list, but after it does AllocateRequestProto requestProto = (..).getProto(),
and I print the requestProto.getBlacklistRequest().getBlacklistAdditions() now is EMPTY.

So basically, AM send an empty black list to RM. I went even further down and traced till
YarnServiceProtos.java(in hadoop-yarn-api), but at this point all the logs I have, are removed.
it seems this code is regenerated every time I am compiling yarn-api ....

Is there something I am missing guys, or is a bug ? Interesting is that release containers
list is propagated correctly but I think it comes on other path. I am running hadoop-yarn
2.3.

Thanks,
robert