hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Rati <rr...@redhat.com>
Subject Hadoop in Fedora updated to 2.2.0
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:43:01 GMT
I've updated the version of Hadoop in Fedora 20 to 2.2.0.  This means
Hadoop 2.2.0 will be the included in the official release of Fedora 20.

Hadoop on Fedora is running against numerous updated dependencies,
including:
Java 7 (OpenJDK IcedTea)
Jetty 9
Tomcat 7
Jets3t 0.9.0

I've logged/updated jiras for all the changes we've made that could be
useful to the Hadoop project:

Most of the changes are minor.  There are 2 big updates though: Jetty 9
(which requires java 7) and tomcat 7.  These are also the most difficult
patches to rebase when hadoop produces a new release.

It would be great to get some feedback on these proposed changes and
discuss how/when/if these could make it into a Hadoop release.

Rob