hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Akira AJISAKA <ajisa...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.2.0
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 20:34:52 GMT
Congrats!

The current document (http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/) is now
hadoop-2.1.0-beta. I want someone to update.

thanks,
Akira

(2013/10/15 21:35), Arun C Murthy wrote:
> With 31 +1s (15 binding) and no -1s the vote passes.
>
> Congratulations to all, Hadoop 2 is now GA!
>
> thanks,
> Arun
>
> On Oct 7, 2013, at 12:00 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.2.0 that I would like to get
released - this release fixes a small number of bugs and some protocol/api issues which should
ensure they are now stable and will not change in hadoop-2.x.

>> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.2.0-rc0
>> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.2.0-rc0

>> thanks,
>> Arun
>>
>> P.S.: Thanks to Colin, Andrew, Daryn, Chris and others for helping nail down the
symlinks-related issues. I'll release note the fact that we have disabled it in 2.2. Also,
thanks to Vinod for some heavy-lifting on the YARN side in the last couple of weeks.