hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.1-beta
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 04:58:25 GMT
On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 11:38 PM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.1.1-beta that I would like to get
> released - this release fixes a number of bugs on top of hadoop-2.1.0-beta as a result
of significant amounts of testing.

> If things go well, this might be the last of the *beta* releases of hadoop-2.x.
>
> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.1.1-beta-rc0
> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.1.1-beta-rc0

As usual, here's a full Bigtop stack built on top of this RC:
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Upstream-tests/job/Hadoop-2.1.1/

Those who would feel more adventurous in helping test the entire Hadoop
ecosystem that Bigtop packages can simply yum/apt-get/zypper install
everything from package in those locations.

I'm also running the tests on fully distributed clusters in Bigtop --
will report
the findings tomorrow.

Thanks,
Roman.