hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FW: Coverity Scan (MAPREDUCE-5032)
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 16:12:56 GMT
On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Jon Jarboe <jjarboe@coverity.com> wrote:
> I've been working with DataStax on their use of Coverity with Cassandra, and decided
to give the Hadoop 1.2.1 source tarball a run through our analyzer.  I found some interesting
issues, and noticed that some of them are integer overflow defects that align with the open
MAPREDUCE-5032 issue.  Other issues range from concurrency problems to cross-site scripting
to resource leaks, but I haven't tried to match those up to existing JIRA issues.

Any chance you can run the same analysis on a recently
released 2.1.0-beta?

I think it would be a huge help in finding out issue there
early before 2.1.[12]-beta get released.

Let me know if I can help with the analysis somehow.

Thanks,
Roman.