hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Heads up: branch-2.1-beta
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 18:04:26 GMT
On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 8:32 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
>  The vast majority of of the planned features and API work is complete, thanks to everyone
who contributed!

>  I've created a branch-2.1-beta branch from which I anticipate I can make the first of
our beta releases very shortly.

>  For now the remaining work is to wrap up loose ends i.e. last minute api work (e.g.
YARN-759 showed up last night for consideration),
>  bug-fixes etc.; then run this through a battery of unit/system/integration tests and
do a final review before we ship. There is more
> work remaining on documentation (e.g. HADOOP-9517) and I plan to personally focus on
it this week - obviously help reviewing docs
> is very welcome.

On the Bigtop side of things, once we have stable Bigtop 0.6.0 platform
based on Hadoop 2.0.x codeline we plan to start running the same battery
of integration tests on the branch-2.1-beta.

We plan to simply file JIRAs if anything gets detected and I will also
publish the URL of the Jenkins job once it gets created.

Let me know if there's anything else Bigtop can help with to make 2.1-beta
a success.

Thanks,
Roman.