hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Sambit Tripathy (RBEI/PJ-NBS)" <Sambit.Tripa...@in.bosch.com>
Subject RE: No marketplace entries found to handle Execution compile-protoc
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2013 05:16:26 GMT
Hi Chandrasekhar,

I got the code imported into my eclipse last week and don't have any issues as I followed
the steps mentioned in

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment

I see compilation errors in couple of test packages in Hadoop-common (may be due to incompatible
proto buf that I have installed or something else that I am looking into)

The packages where I see error under hadoop-common/src/test/java

org.apache.hadoop.io.serializer.avro
	--- TestAvroSerialization.java
org.apache.hadoop.ipc
	--- RPCCallBenchmark.java
	--- TestMultipleProtocolServer.java
	--- TestProtoBufRpc.java

Let me know if you are able to compile it.

Regards,
Sambit.
-----Original Message-----
From: Chandrashekhar Kotekar [mailto:shekhar.kotekar@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2013 9:11 PM
To: hadoop-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: No marketplace entries found to handle Execution compile-protoc

Hi,

I am trying to import Hadoop source code into Eclipse (again) but while
importing I am getting following error :

*"No marketplace entries found to handle Execution compile-protoc"*

I am following steps given in "Working with Hadoop under Eclipse" page here
: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment

I have done following things :

1. Checking out code using git command from command line

2. Run following commands :

$ mvn install -DskipTests$ mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true
-DdownloadJavadocs=true

3. Import project into eclipse :
    a. File -> Import -> Existing Maven project
    b. selected hadoop-common folder as a root folder.

After following above 3 steps I got *"No marketplace entries found to
handle Execution compile-protoc" error.*
*
*
So I
1. Removed projects from eclipse
2. Executed "mvn eclipse:clean" command
3. Again imported projects into eclipse

but again I am following same errors.

Does anyone know why this error is coming? and how to resolve this error?

I am new to Hadoop development and eager to contribute to Hadoop. Request
someone to please help.

Regards,
Chandrash3khar Kotekar
Mobile - 8884631122