hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Watt <sw...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Ensuring Consistent Behavior for Alternative Hadoop FileSystems + Workshop
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 03:14:38 GMT
Hi Folks

Per Roman's recommendation I've created a Wiki Page for organizing the work and managing the
logistics - https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HCFS/Progress

I'd like to propose a Google Hangout at 9am PST on Monday June 10th to get together and discuss
the initiative. Please respond back to me if you're interested or would like to propose a
different time. I'll update our Wiki page with the logistics.

Regards
Steve Watt

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roman Shaposhnik" <shaposhnik@gmail.com>
To: "Stephen Watt" <swatt@redhat.com>
Cc: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org, mbhandarkar@gopivotal.com, "shv hadoop" <shv.hadoop@gmail.com>,
stevel@hortonworks.com, erlv5241@gmail.com, apurtell@apache.org
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 5:28:58 PM
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Ensuring Consistent Behavior for Alternative Hadoop FileSystems + Workshop

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Stephen Watt <swatt@redhat.com> wrote:
> What is the protocol for organizing the logistics and collaborating? I am loathe to flood
common-dev with "does this time work for you?" emails from the interested parties. Do we create
a high level JIRA ticket and collaborate and post comments and G+ meetup times on that ? Another
option might be the Wiki, I'd be happy to be responsible with tracking progress on https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HCFS/Progress
until we are able to break initiatives down into more granular JIRA tickets.

I'd go with a wiki page and perhaps http://www.doodle.com/

> After we've had a few G+ hangouts, for those that would like to meet face to face, I
have also made an all day reservation for a meeting room that can hold up to 20 people at
our Red Hat Office in Castro Street, Mountain View on Tuesday June 25th (the day before Hadoop
Summit and a short drive away). We don't have to use the whole day, but it gives us some flexibility
around the availability of interested parties. I was thinking something along the lines of
10am - 3pm. We are happy to cater lunch.

That also would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Roman.