hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - Release 2.0.5-beta
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 18:18:55 GMT
Cos,

On May 15, 2013, at 11:38 PM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:

> What I am seeing times and again in these endless discussion threads is this:
>
>  a) "downstream or bigtop: we are seeing a bunch of integration issues with
>    every new feature introduced/something even a commit made"
>  b) "feature developers: no-no, these features are developed for a long time,
>    tests are ran, no need to be concerned"

It's unfortunate you are continuing to take digs at people who actually are moving the project
forward.

The 'cold facts' you describe do not give any credence your conclusions.

Let's review the bugs Bigtop has found over the course of this year, Vinod pointed them out:

> I quickly checked other bugs you reported in 2.0.x:
> - MAPREDUCE-5088 was caused by the fix for HADOOP-9299 which was again a long standing
issue in 2.0.x
> - MAPREDUCE-3728 is similar
> - MAPREDUCE-5117 is similar
> - MAPREDUCE-4219 was a security related feature request from you.
> - MAPREDUCE-3916 was because of new proxy-server added.

And now, MAPREDUCE-5240 - again, a long standing bug.

Given the above, please help me understand how 'feature developers' are hurting?

I've repeatedly asked you or Roman to run "CI" on branch-2, instead of stepping up to help
on a concrete proposal you continue to take digs at a number of contributors here, hopefully
this will stop.

Arun