hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - Release 2.0.5-beta
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 21:20:34 GMT
Great summary, thanks Vinod.

On May 15, 2013, at 2:14 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:

> Roman, I keep this same argument again and again. Should've refuted earlier.
>
> Please list down all the issues that BigTop ran into *because of* new features. You continue
to argue that new features are destabilizing 2.0.*, which I don't agree with at all. 2.0.3-alpha
was the last time major features got merged in, and we found blockers irrespective of those.

> MAPREDUCE-5240 specifically isn't due to any feature merge. This was a bug. I'd say this
is a long standing bug in 2.0.x. You sure this passed in 2.0.3? Even so, this is mostly broken
by another bug-fix and *not* because of any feature.

> I quickly checked other bugs you reported in 2.0.x:
> - MAPREDUCE-5088 was caused by the fix for HADOOP-9299 which was again a long standing
issue in 2.0.x
> - MAPREDUCE-3728 is similar
> - MAPREDUCE-5117 is similar
> - MAPREDUCE-4219 was a security related feature request from you.
> - MAPREDUCE-3916 was because of new proxy-server added.
>
> I am not arguing that new features *may* destabilize the branch, but you've repeatedly
stated this as if that were a fact.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.