hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Thoihen Maibam <thoihen...@gmail.com>
Subject How to run hadoop jar command in a clustered environment
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 16:36:08 GMT
Hi All,

I am really new to Hadoop and installed hadoop in my local ubuntu machine.
I also created a wordcount.jar and started hadoop with start-all.sh which
started all the hadoop daemons and used jps to confirm it. Cd to hadoop/bin
and ran hadoop jar x.jar  and successfully ran the map reduce program.

Now, can someone please help me how I should run the hadoop jar command
over a clustered environment say for example a cluster with 50 nodes. I
know a dedicated machine would be namenode and another jobtracker and other
datanodes and tasktrackers.

1. From which machine should I run the hadoop jar command considering I
have a mapreduce jar in hand. Is it the jobtracker machine from where I
should run this hadoop jar command or can I run this hadoop jar command
from any machine in the cluster.

2, Can I run the map reduce job from another machine which is not part of
the cluster , if yes how should I do it.

Please help me.

Regards
thoihen