hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Alejandro Abdelnur <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject CHANGES.txt out of sync in the different branches
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 22:53:12 GMT
while trying to commit MAPREDUCE-5113 to branch-2 I've noticed that the
CHANGES.txt are out of sync. Commit message are on the wrong releases.

I've spent some some time trying to fix it, but I did not find it straight
forward to do so.

I assume the same may be true for common, hdfs and yarn.

I know why we use CHANGES.txt files has been discussed in the past, so I'll
not raise a suggestion to get rid of them.

Does anybody has a simple list of steps to fix this ?

Thx

--
Alejandro