hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Contribution to "Project Rhino"
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 12:11:52 GMT
Hi Thomas,

My name is Kai from project Rhino team now working on the topic of "Token based authentication
and single sign on". I am glad to know that you are interested in this topic and I'd love
to work with you for that.

> Hello Devs,
> My name is Thomas and I'm currently doing my master research on "Secure Hadoop cluster
over inter-cloud environment'.  I've found that some of you are working on Hadoop security
though the "Project Rhino", that's why I'd like to contribute to this project.
> To be honest, i'm a bit afraid because I have only a fixed amount of time ( ~4 months
for development) to produce something and have no experience with the open source Hadoop.
Moreover, i'm working alone.

That's the fun part about the Apache community, you can almost always find someone else to
work with you. You and I can get this going and I am sure others with interest on this area
will join in to help.

> I'd like to know your opinion about what should be feasible for me.

I created a Jira entry here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9392, let's continue
our discussion there.

> Actually, I'm kinda interested by the third point "Token based authentication and single
sign on" because nobody has started it yet and it is something that could be interesting for
my "intercloud environment".
> Plus, if you have some ideas, hints, documentations or links to mailling list discussion
that could help me for the start, it would be wonderful ^^.
Please see the jira for our initial goals, we can continue the discussion from there.