hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Karthiek C <karthi...@gmail.com>
Subject APIs to move data blocks within HDFS
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 18:13:34 GMT

Is there any APIs to move data blocks in HDFS from one node to another *
after* they have been added to HDFS? Also can we write some sort of
pluggable module (like scheduler) that controls how data gets placed in
hadoop cluster? I am working with hadoop-1.0.3 version and I couldn't find
any filesystem APIs available to do that.

PS: I am working on a research project where we want to investigate how to
optimally place data in hadoop.