hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] create a hadoop-build subproject (a follow up on the thread 'introduce Python as build-time...')
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 18:46:15 GMT
On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Alejandro Abdelnur <tucu@cloudera.com> wrote:
> you can do mvn install in the plugins project and then you'll be able to
> use it from the project you are using the plugin.

Avro has its Maven plugins in a module that's used when compiling
other modules.  You can build all of Avro without installing any of
it.  So I do not think that Maven plugins need to be installed to be
used, but can just be in a separate Maven module.  The Hadoop plugins
might, e.g., be placed a sub-module of Common.

Doug