hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Foley <mfo...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 19:21:43 GMT
It is intended to be a "technical discussion", in the sense of the bylaws
statement (in section "Roles and Responsibilities: Committers"), "Committers
may cast binding votes on any technical discussion regarding any
subproject."  I therefore intended it to be a majority vote of Committers.

Interestingly, this need to discuss tooling and other issues that go beyond
a simple "code change" is not addressed in the "Decision Making: Actions"
section of the bylaws.  That need seems to have been overlooked in the
current rev of that section.  But I do not agree that such issues are "code
changes"; it relates to the tools we depend on to make code changes, which
is clearly qualitatively different.

--Matt