hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Colin McCabe <cmcc...@alumni.cmu.edu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] create a hadoop-build subproject (a follow up on the thread 'introduce Python as build-time...')
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 18:22:46 GMT
Hi Radim,

In general, Maven plugins are built and deployed to a repository.
Then, Maven fetches the precompiled binaries from this repository
based on a specific version number in the pom.  This is how Maven
plugins work in general. not specific to this proposal.

I did experiment with bundling the Maven plugins with the main Hadoop
source in HADOOP-8887; however, this is not really feasible.  Hence
the proposal for a separate sub-project here.

So basically the summary is the Maven workflow wouldn't change.

Hope this helps.

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Radim Kolar <hsn@filez.com> wrote:
> what is proposed build workflow?
> Its enough to do mvn install to get custom plugins available to maven in
> build phase or you must setup own mvn repo and do mvn deploy?

View raw message