hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: making a hadoop-common test run if a property is set
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 16:42:00 GMT
On 17 December 2012 16:06, Tom White <tom@cloudera.com> wrote:

> There are some tests like the S3 tests that end with "Test" (e.g.
> Jets3tNativeS3FileSystemContractTest) - unlike normal tests which
> start with "Test". Only those that start with "Test" are run
> automatically (see the surefire configuration in
> hadoop-project/pom.xml). You have to run the others manually with "mvn
> test -Dtest=...".

thinking some more (especially, how to make subclasses of
FileSystemContractTestBase optional without patching that base class), we
could add public static suite() methods to the child classes and have them
skip all the tests if they are optional.

I haven't abused the suite() method for a while; it used to be the only way
to do parameterized tests, but in theory this should work -though there's
the maintenance overhead of keeping the list of test methods to return up
to date