hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Alejandro Abdelnur <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 21:00:58 GMT
i've been playing around writing a couple of maven plugins, one to replace saveversion.sh and
the other to invoke protoc. they both work in windows standard cmd (no cygwin required). together
with hadoop-8887 they would remove most of the scripting done the poms.

(they also work in linux and osx)

they are java based, only require having SVN GIT & PROTOC avail in the PATH.

if cmake works in windows, i assume hadoop-8887 would be almost there.

this would leave the tar stitching, which is done as script to handle SO symlinks. though
i have and idea on how we could take care of it.

i'll be creating a jira momentarily.

thx

Alejandro

On Dec 4, 2012, at 12:28 PM, Matt Foley <mfoley@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Please close HADOOP-9073 as "will not fix", citing this discussion.
>
> I'm -1 on groovy in maven.  That's worse, not better.  Let it sit for a
> while and let people propose simplifications of the script situation.
>
> Thanks,
> --Matt
>

> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Radim Kolar <hsn@filez.com> wrote:
>
>> result of vote is to close https://issues.apache.org/**
>> jira/browse/HADOOP-9073<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9073>and
write groovy in pom.xml variant (option number 2)?