hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Anybody know how to configure SSH for eclipse plugin
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 20:16:45 GMT
Hi,

The Eclipse plugin communicates directly with the RPC servers of NN, DNs,
and JT. It does not, in any way, use SSH to do this.

If your machine can't setup a fully functional connection to the cluster,
then the Eclipse plugin will currently not work and you have to fall back
into doing the manual compile-jar -> scp -> invoke cycle, or rely on a
local MR cluster (pseudo-distributed) or the local job runner (standalone)
to test your programs.

There is a proposal for splitting out the Eclipse plugin code to its own
project, at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/HadoopDevelopmentToolsProposal,
and adding further enhancements to it. Perhaps when this project is setup,
you can request for such a feature where the plugin may itself automate the
jar production plus scp and invoke it at the other end - for such scenarios.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 1:25 AM, yiyu jia <jia.yiyu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Glen,
>
> Thanks a lot for response! I tried last night by setup ssh tunnel for
> certain ports (like 9000 and 9001). Still not successful. My SSH
> communication among servers are set to be passwordless with certification
> file.
>
> I suspect eclipse plugin does not support SSH with password or
> certification files. Anybody can confirm if my suspection is right or
> wrong?
>
> thanks a lot!
>
> Yiyu
>
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Glen Mazza <gmazza@talend.com> wrote:
>
> > Unsure, perhaps better to ask on the user@hadoop.apache.org list.
> >
> > Glen
> >

> > On 11/26/2012 07:17 PM, yiyu jia wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Anybody tell me how to configure SSH for eclipse plugin? I guess eclipse
> >> plugin use SSH to connect with Map/Reduce locations. But, I found that
> it
> >> always use my local machine' s account name to connect with hadoop host
> >> servers.
> >>
> >> thanks and regards,
> >>
> >> Yiyu
> >>

> > --
> > Glen Mazza
> > Talend Community Coders - coders.talend.com
> > blog: www.jroller.com/gmazza
> >

> --
> * Mr. Jia Yiyu                                *
> * Email: jia.yiyu@gmail.com          *
> * Web: http://yiyujia.blogspot.com/*

Harsh J