hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop version layout error
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 08:09:39 GMT
What version of Hadoop are you/were you on? And did you run an NN
upgrade recently?

Can you also pastebin the full logs somewhere?

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 11:34 AM, chendaya <chendaya@inspur.com> wrote:
> Hi, everyone
> I am getting this error in one or two nodes in a hadoop cluster where rest of the nodes
are running fine:
> ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode: java.io.IOException: ***** Upgrade
is not supported from this older version of storage to the current version. Please upgrade
to Hadoop-0.14 or a later version and then upgrade to current version. Old layout version
is 'too old' and latest layout version this software version can upgrade from is -7.

--
Harsh J