hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Foley <mfo...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 19:44:18 GMT
Hi Alejandro,
For build-time issues in branch-2 and beyond, this may make sense (although
I'm concerned about obscuring functionality in a way that only maven
experts will be able to understand).  In the particular case of
saveVersion.sh, I'd be happy to see it done automatically by the build

However, for build-time issues in the non-mavenized branch-1, and for
run-time issues in both worlds, the need for cross-platform scripting