hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Radim Kolar <...@filez.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 01:55:37 GMT
Dne 22.11.2012 1:14, Chris Nauroth napsal(a):
> The trickiest maintenance issue is hadoop-hdfs-httpfs, where we unpack and repack a Tomcat.
why its not possible to just ship WAR file? Its seems to be special
purpose app and they needs hand security setup anyway and intergration
with existing firewall/web infrastructure.

did you considered to use Jetty? it has really good maven support:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/Jetty_Maven_Plugin
I am using jetty 8 instead of tomcat and run it with java -jar start.jar
no extra file permissions like x bit are needed.

If you really need to create tar by hand, there is java library for
doing it - http://code.google.com/p/jtar/ and it can be used from any
JVM based script language, you have plenty of choices.