hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Ravi Prakash <ravi...@ymail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Source Code
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 04:51:32 GMT
Hi Salma,

0.20.205 is a little old now. branch-1.x is the last stable release.

Although 0.23 is "alpha", Yahoo has been deploying it to pretty big clusters and the community
is stabilizing MRv2 on this branch.

branch-2 is where a lot of innovative development is happening. It too is "alpha" but if I
were you, I would probably choose this branch. Its builds are monitored actively and should
be stable to run.

trunk contains the latest and greatest new features / bug-fixes etc., but in my experience
is very unstable and might have trouble building / running.

HTH
Ravi

________________________________
 From: Salma Saber <salma_7975@hotmail.com>
To: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2012 3:47 PM
Subject: Hadoop Source Code

Hi,

I am a new Hadoop developer. I want to implement an algorithm which enhances the
Hadoop performance in Heterogeneous environments. I tried to build and run many
versions for the Hadoop source code but the only one that I have succeeded to
build and run is hadoop-205.

I want to know if this version is suitable to edit on it, or there is a better
version I should use in my implementation.

Thanks,
Salma