hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Sirota, Peter" <sir...@amazon.com>
Subject Re: difference between hadoop code and the amazon elastic Mapreduce
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2012 19:38:53 GMT
Hi,

The major differences are in s3 file system that has been rewritten in EMR and in Hadoop interactions
with S3. Other differences are in detecting various failure conditions.

Outside these it's Apache Hadoop.  Here is a list of patches EMR applied on top of 1.0.3 Hadoop

http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/ElasticMapReduce/latest/DeveloperGuide/EnvironmentConfig_AMIHadoopPatches.html

Regards,
Peter