hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: How to get TaskId from ContainerId or ApplicationId or Request in Hadoop 0.23??
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 18:27:25 GMT

Moving to yarn-dev, as that is the right place for this discussion.

Can you let us know more about what  you are trying to accomplish? Working with MapReduce
over YARN or your own YARN application?

If you are working with MR over YARN, you have to note that TaskId/TaskAttemptID/Map/Reduce
tasks are MapReduce concepts. So ResourceManager has no idea about them. MapReduce ApplicationMaster
is the place where you can obtain more such MR specific information.

If it is the later, your question is moot.

HTH,
+Vinod