hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: 答复: Does anyone do related work on the log of hadoop?
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 11:44:16 GMT
On 29 August 2012 10:36, Li Shengmei <lishengmei@ict.ac.cn> wrote:

> Hi, Steven,
>         Thank you very much. I just start to study the log analysis of
> HADOOP. I will review your work carefully.
> Btw, which part of hadoop source codes should be read carefully if I want
> to get know the log record?

There's lots of log.info() statements throughout the code -explicit logging
and not any log-injection stuff. If you know what you want to log,

   1. Look at the existing log output at info, and from the name of the log
   that appears in the text (org.apache.hadoop.something.somethingelse)
   2. rummage through the source code in that class to find the bit of
   interest.

The normal log4j settings for Hadoop strip off the full log heirarchy; if
you set the log to a better conversion pattern like
log4j.appender.STDOUT.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss} [%t]
%p %c %x: %m%n

then you get more