hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Nagaraju Bingi <nagaraju_bi...@persistent.co.in>
Subject Hadoop cluster/monitoring
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 17:22:04 GMT
Hi,

I'm beginner in Hadoop concepts. I have few basic questions:
1) looking for APIs to retrieve the capacity of the cluster. so that i can write a script
to when to add a new slave node to the cluster

             a) No.of Task trackers and  capacity of  each task tracker  to spawn  max No.of
Mappers
              b) CPU,RAM and disk capacity of each tracker
              c) how to decide to add a new  slave node to the cluster
 2) what is the API to retrieve metrics like current usage of resources and currently running/spawned
Mappers/Reducers

 3) what is the purpose of Hadoop-common?Is it API to interact with hadoop

I referred following URL:
for Hadoop common : http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/
Capacity scheduler : http://hortonworks.com/blog/understanding-apache-hadoops-capacity-scheduler/

Regards,