hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Pavan Kulkarni <pavan.babu...@gmail.com>
Subject Doubt regarding debugging Hadoop Classes
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 22:59:24 GMT
Hi,

 I am new to Hadoop community and am working on a project which involves
tweaking few Hadoop classes.
To enable debugging for a certain class (say Fetcher.java) I inserted a line
*log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.task.reduce.Fetcher=DEBUG*
*
*
Then I restarted the daemon's and grep'd in the log directory for the Debug
message present in the Fetcher.java class.
I couldn't find any !!

Am I missing anything here? Any help is highly appreciated .Thanks

--

--With Regards
Pavan Kulkarni