hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: regarding dfs.web.ugi
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 12:35:58 GMT
Wangwenli,

This should be fixed in the 2.1.0 release in short future, via
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8358. I've removed the
default XML bit out of it. For now would setting dfs.web.ugi itself to
the right user fix it up for you?

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Wangwenli <wangwenli@huawei.com> wrote:
> HI all,
>
> I am using hadoop2.0 alpha release,
>
> org.apache.hadoop.http.lib.StaticUserWebFilter.getUsernameFromConf(Configuration)
>
>   static String getUsernameFromConf(Configuration conf) {
>     String oldStyleUgi = conf.get(DEPRECATED_UGI_KEY);
>     if (oldStyleUgi != null) {
>       // We can't use the normal configuration deprecation mechanism here
>       // since we need to split out the username from the configured UGI.
>       LOG.warn(DEPRECATED_UGI_KEY + " should not be used. Instead, use " +
>                USERNAME_KEY + ".");
>       String[] parts = oldStyleUgi.split(",");
>       return parts[0];
>     } else {
>       return conf.get(USERNAME_KEY, USERNAME_DEFAULT);        // this part will never
be executed, because in hdfs-default.xml,the DEPRECATED_UGI_KEY will always there, so here
the logic should check the new property first, then the deprecated key.  Any idea?

--
Harsh J