hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Prajakta Kalmegh <prkal...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Hadoop command not found:hdfs and yarn
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 09:26:37 GMT
Hi

I am trying to execute the following commands for setting up Hadoop:
# Format the namenode
hdfs namenode -format
# Start the namenode
hdfs namenode
# Start a datanode
hdfs datanode

yarn resourcemanager
yarn nodemanager

It gives me a "Hadoop Command not found." error for all the commands. When
I try to use "hadoop namenode -format" instead, it gives me a deprecated
command warning. Can someone please tell me if I am missing including any
env variables? I have included HADOOP_COMMON_HOME, HADOOP_HDFS_HOME,
HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME, YARN_HOME, HADOOP_CONF_DIR, YARN_CONF_DIR,
HADOOP_PREFIX in my path (apart from java etc).

I am following the instructions for setting up Hadoop with Eclipse given
in
- http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToSetupYourDevelopmentEnvironment
-
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r2.0.0-alpha/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/SingleCluster.html